Friday, December 12, 2008

Thankful

When life gets you down, many times you can become consumed with sadness and focus on things you don't have, can't have, or maybe even have.....because of this and being that the last couple of days have been really crappy, I am going to create a list of things I am extremely grateful for.

1. MY FAMILY
My Husband:
Aaron is an amazing husband. We have been through a lot in our relationship and those ups and downs have really helped to make us as strong as we are today...and if fact, some of the worst things that I have happened to us have been some of the best things to happen to our relationship because they helped us to become closer, learn more about ourselves, one another and how we work best as a couple. Aaron is always there for me..comforts me when I am upset...makes me laugh (always) and is my best friend. I can't wait for him to give me a kiss every morning when he leaves for work and everyday when I come home from work....The little things in life...the kisses, the hugs, the cuddles, him doing the dishes, packing my lunch for me....those things...I truly appreciate those and Aaron is always making sure that I am as happy as I can be. I love you Aaron.

My Mom:
My mom is one of my best friends. I know that I can always rely on her and trust her with anything. She is full of wisdom and love and I appreciate her more than I think she will ever know or I probably can ever express. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful mom....I am also extremely grateful for my mom's health....I am so happy that her breast cancer is gone and has a clean bill of health. My mom has always shown me strength and perseverance; she has lymphodema and she doesn't let it slow her down a bit. She is an extremely strong woman and her drive is inspiring. I love you mom.

My Dad:
I am a daddy's little girl...no matter how old I get or what I do, I will always be daddy's little girl. He is such an amazing provider, teacher and role model. I have learned a lot from my dad...ever since I was a little girl, my dad would tell me stories and these stories always had little life lessons in them (and the stories are always interesting..not any of those boring repetitive dad stories)....These lessons and his leadership has really helped develop me into the person I am today. I am driven, competitive, respectful, and strong. I love you dad.

My Sister:
I love my little sister...it is so awesome having a sister...it is like a instant best friend. When we were younger and in a new place and didn't know anyone, we always knew each other and we would keep each other company and look out for one another...actually, many times I would be looking after her since she sometimes spouts off at the mouth and it can get her in trouble...but I was always there to protect her. My sister is extremely creative and funny...she always makes me laugh. And she is absolutely gorgeous!..I have always been a little jealous of her beauty...she is a knock out...she is always really good about teaching me all these different girly things that I am not very good at, like cute outfits, doing my hair or makeup and I really enjoy that. I have a wonderful sister and I am really thankful for her.

My Dog:
Harley is one of the most amazing dogs..she is incredibly sweet and loving. I have deemed her my guardian angel...she is always there for me when I need her and it seems that she can always tell when I am hurting and need some love....whenever she senses that, she comes and cuddles me and licks my tears away...and for some reason, it is extremely comforting to me....it is one of the only things that can calm me down quickly when I am really upset. She is my guardian angel, I love her and I am very thankful that we spontaneously adopted her at the pound when we did.

My Grandma and Grandpa:
I have the most wonderful grandparents in the whole world...they are the sweetest most fun grandparents in the world. I love going over to their house, just hanging out and chatting with them. They have been a wonderful support in my life and I am grateful for that. I love you grandma and grandpa.

My In Laws (Mark and Dawn):
Mark and Dawn have been there for Aaron and I in some very difficult times. They have been there to support us and it is great to feel like you have support surrounding you. Aaron and I really enjoy our weekly breakfasts with them on Sundays and I know that Aaron really loves his shooting time with his dad. We both cherish this time and really appreciate his parents.

2. MY JOB
I am very grateful for my job...especially in this economy where so many people are struggling. Teaching is what I feel I was put on this earth to do. I love going to school, teaching the students new games, new sports, and about health and fitness. I love when they come over at recess to practice some of the things I have taught them earlier in the week. Teaching is amazing...it doesn't feel like a job...it is dream.

3. MY HEALTH
There are some things about my health that I hate and I am very bitter about right now, but at the same time, I am very thankful for health I do have. I am not battling cancer or any other life threatening disease....I can't even to imagine the pain that those who are are going through. Sometimes I feel so selfish for being so bitter and angry at the world for my "health" problem when really, it could be so much worse. I need to remember that though I am having difficulty right now, it will get better...my time will come and I just need to be patient. (As my mom says...it was never my strong suit). With me, I know it will come, it is just a matter of when....I really need to remember to be thankful for the health I DO have.

4. FRIENDS
I don't have a ton of friends, but the ones I do, I truly cherish. My friends are incredible. I can always count on them and lean on them for support and that is truly appreciated. Some of my friends I don't see months at a time, but when I do see them, it is like nothing has changed...we can have fun, carry on as normal and just enjoy ourselves..that is hard to find in friendship. I love my friends and am extremely grateful for them.

5. JENNIFER LYNN KRANZ
This little girl is truly amazing...she ALWAYS can bring a smile to my face...even on the crappiest of days. It is amazing to see life in the eyes of child...she is so full of wonder, fun, and love. She is so beautiful, loving, and funny....it is amazing the amount of personality you can see in a 13 month old...but she is packed full of an amazing personality...I can't wait to see her grow up into the beautiful woman I know she will be. I love this little girl.

6. THE NEST
This may seem silly, but I am very grateful for thenest.com and the Nestie friends I have made on it....it is a place where I can vent about frustrations I am having that I can't tell others....the amount of support found on the board is incredible and without that outlet I think I might have lost my mind by now. I appreciate the Nesties!

7. SCHOOL/EDUCATION
As much as school can stink sometimes, I am very thankful for the oppurtunity to attend college. I am very proud of myself and Aaron from graduating with a BS last year and I am very excited to now be pursing my masters and teaching credential. I know that many people don't have this oppurtunity and I am very thankful that I do...and I am very thankful that my grandparents set up a college fund for me when I was younger to make it all a reality for me.

8. TRAVEL
I am thankful for the many traveling experiences that Aaron and I have had....not many people have driven from the east coast to the west coast and stopping in many different cities in states along the way. Our graduation road trip the most amazing vacation I have ever experienced and I will never forget it. I have also had the opportunity to travel to Mexico a few times and Hawaii. I may not be a world traveler but I am grateful for all that I have seen and experienced so far.

9. OUR HOME
At the young age of 22, Aaron and I became homeowners...on our own..with no help, no cosign, nothing. It was a huge acomplishment for us. Many times I gripe about how small our house is or how it won't sell because the market and economy sucks and how we will be stuck there forever, but really, truly...I LOVE our home. It is our place...we have created a home...a home together and I love it. It may be small but it is ours and it is full of memories, love and laughter. I am very grateful for our home and as much as I wold like a bigger home, I know that when the time comes and we sell this home of ours, I will have a really hard time. We built this home together...we met our best friends there (our neighbors), we have watch Jennifer grow up here....it is a special place to me and I am appreciative for all of it.

10. Disneyland
Disneyland is like my safe haven...where there is no pain...no suffering...no sadness. It is our happy place...I love spending time there.........I wish I could have Disneyland in my backyard...it is just the most amazing, magical place that allows you to experience life as a child once again....seeing the world in the eyes of children again....remembering what it is like to be care and worry free. It is a revitalizing place for me. I love Disneyland and am so glad that I have found a place that creates such an amazing and wonderful atmosphere for me.

1 comment:

Mom and Wife said...

We love you and are so glad Jennifer has you in her life. You and Mr. Aaron teach her so much and we are so glad she has a great example like you of what marriage and friendship is all about!